Caroline O'Connell Communications was founded in 1990 as a firm specializing in author tours and book publicity.
We handle every category of non-fiction books and specialize in business, travel, beauty, and environmental titles.
We have good relationships with all the national press (television and print), and have set up multi-city tours securing the top local television and newspaper coverage in those cities. We also handle Social Media campaigns, including analytics, and can show great results in increased traffic and sales from those efforts.
- 1) Obtain interviews with national television programs and magazines to reach client's target audience.
- 2) Coach author/spokesperson on how to conduct effective television and radio interviews (and book on local television or radio phoners for practice).
- 3) Arrange author tour to major cities and pitch all appropriate television, radio, and print.
- 4) Maintain ongoing relationship with specific media contacts on behalf of client for periodic mentions in context of other stories.
- 5) Gather press portfolio with copies of coverage.
- 1) Assist in setting up accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms, if that hasn't been done yet.
- 2) Manage those accounts by putting up posts (with graphics), running social media events/contests, and providing analytics.
- 3) Pitching appropriate websites, bloggers, and email newsletters for reviews, Q&As, book giveaways, and more to reach your target audience.
- 4) Using your traditional media placements to generate more buzz on social media.
CONTACT CAROLINE O'CONNELL